This Privacy Notice set out how Island Landcap Hospitality Sdn Bhd, will handle personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
- Our Commitment to You
We value the trust of our guests, customers and business partners and are committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring that your personal information is used only for the purposes stated herein.
- Defining Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information, which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information, which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc.
- What Kind of Personal Information We Collect
In order for us to operate in an efficient and effective manner and provide you with the best service possible, we may collect personal information from you which may include: –
- Full name
- Marital Status
- Address (Residential and Business)
- Passport no
- NRIC no
- Date and place of issue
- Position / Occupation
- Telephone no (Handphone, residence and business phone no)
- Date of birth
- Vehicle no
- Credit Card information
- Individuals captured by CCTV Images
- Lifestyle information such as room preferences and leisure activities, names and ages of children and / or certain sensitive personal information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g health conditions that require special room accommodations)
- How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Make a reservation
- Fill up our registration card upon check-in/telephone/e-mail/web booking
- Subscribe to one of our publications (for example, newsletters and brochures)
- Fill up enquiry and feedback forms
- Fill up any of our guest survey questionnaires
- Make payment for goods and/or services
- Lodge a complaint with us
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as laid out above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or connected with you, for example from airlines, travel agencies and from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted. We also use Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) to record footage at our premises
- How We Use Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified above which is to be utilized for one or more of the following purpose:
- To process and confirm your hotel booking
- To provide and charge for the hotel accommodation and other goods and services you purchase
- For identification and verification purposes
- For operational and administrative purposes
- To provide customer support and services
- Fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g., travel agents, group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g., credit card companies, airline operators and other loyalty programs)
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- To conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- To send you information on products and services, special promotional offers, newsletters; and/or customer survey forms and questionnaires CTV footage, in particular, may also be used for the following purposes:
- For quality assurance purposes
- To provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors
- Detecting and deterring suspicious, inappropriate or unauthorized use of our facilities
- Detecting and deterring criminal behavior
- Conducting incident investigations
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our products and services and the management and/or operation of the same,
we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- Companies and/or organizations that act as our agents, contractors , service providers and/or professional advisers
- Companies and/or organizations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested
- Our business associates and other parties for purposes that are directly related to the purpose of collecting your personal informationuested
- Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Grand Orient Hotel.
- Direct Marketing
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest or benefit you, except where otherwise requested by you.In certain instances, we may disclose your relevant personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us. We take reasonable steps to make sure that our agreements with service providers include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.If you do not wish your personal information to be utilized for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. We will abide by your latest written instructions to us.
- What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in registration forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our services and/or products. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services or products.
- How to Contact Us
Log on to our website www.grandorienthotel.com
Write in to us at : –
Island Landcap Hospitality Sdn Bhd
A Member of ISLAND LANDCAP PROPERTIES GROUP
No. 3079, Jalan Laguna 1, 13700 Perai, Penang, Malaysia.
Tel : + 604 383 0099
Fax : + 604 384 2099
Email : email@example.com